10.13.2005

It getting colder quick

It’s getting colder and I’m still Floridian. I don’t know how I will be able to stand this winter. I was fine in Vancouver. But it never went twenty degrees below zero in Vancouver. It hasn’t gotten that cold yet but I’ve been told that there are weeks when the temperature is twenty below. To me that is stupid, stupid cold. I am again wondering why this place is called Vacation Land. I know there are tons of Lakes and it’s a wonderful place to be in the summer but the warm weather lasts for like four months then the rain and cold comes in. So in the next few months if I have a blog that is just burr, burr, burr, burr, burr, burr I’m not totally enamored with the Burr’s. It’s just ridiculously cold here. I remember swimming in Sebago Lake when I first got here but that was only 52 degrees and I got used to it after a few minutes. Then I remember going to Lynn valley Canyon and jumping off the rocks and that was ridiculously cold although I think I’m the only one who realized it. So I’ve been in really cold situations before. I think this may be more difficult than any spiritual; warfare I’ve ever encountered before in my life…or not. It may just make life here a little more difficult, but I praise God that I have a bed and a roof and a few walls to keep me warm.

Does anyone know if this constitutes as grumbling or complaining. I need to now if I need to repent for this or not. Ba ha ha ha ha.

5 comments:

Jerrica said...

HEY IT'S FUN IN THE WINTER ACTUALLY EXCEPT FOR THE COLD U GET TO MAKE SNOW ANGELS:):)WELL ILL TTYL BYEBYE ILL TTYL BYEBYE LOVES

Jerrica said...

what's to worry about it's not like ur going to be frozen to death lol well it's not that cold at least i don't think so i just wear a sweat shirt sometimes...

Seeker of The Light said...

Hey, we've been in Maine for over 5 years now. We've grown to love it . . . except for the cold!

I like how you put it: "stupid cold!"

Anonymous said...

i can't see how people can grow to love the cold.i have lived here since i was 5 n i still hate it. i can't wait for summer back!

Karyn Baker said...

I was in Maine last January, and YAH, stupid cold rather does cover it, and I think I was there in a heat wave. But MAN, it's beautiful there. And how could it not be when it had the Munns? Come on! By the way, I read your blog tonight because Doug Burr has you linked with a rather evil laugh at your fear of the cold. It was a little disturbing....but funny. Miss you, bro - hope you're well.