12.21.2005

Happy Holy Day!!!

Lately in the news I’ve been hearing a lot of stuff about people wanting to be “politically correct” this Christmas season by saying Happy Holiday rather than Maeery Christmas. They don’t want to offend someone that celebrates Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or doesn’t believe in Christ by saying Merry Christmas. Political correctness (if that’s even a word) is trying to please everyone at once by taking out every thing that even slightly assumes that someone belongs to a specific group. It’s becoming ridiculous. I was thinking about the term Happy Holidays and I have decided that I don’t mind anyone using that term. In Webster’s Dictionary the very first definition of Holiday is Holy Day. So essentially when you say Happy Holiday you’re saying happy Holy Day; a.k.a. Merry Christmas. It’s has the same meaning just in a different form. No matter how it’s said the true meaning of Christmas is going to be revealed. I think that's revelatory.

3 comments:

Rebekah Dooley said...

happy holy day
miss you bro :D
love you as well
i hope you are having a good time in florida

Jerrica said...

hey hope ur having fun in Florida where it's nice and warm and stuff while im here freezing to death lol jk i didn't anwer my phone when u text me so there lol well see u Jan. 6th 2006

Aurora said...

Yeah, well. You're it! TAG!!! (Check my blog for details!) Aurora