4.22.2006

Those southern days

I spent the last three nights in my new house with my new bed and new sheets and a familiar smell. I had the opportunity to chase a fly around my house with the tube of the vacuum cleaner. It was exciting. First I stabbed at it in the air randomly but hat didn’t work so well so I waited for him to land. He foolishly picked the window sill. Flies don’t really understand glass and window shades and all that stuff so he flew around the inside for a bit, obviously confused (OF COURSE HE WAS CONFUSED) while I tried to sneak up on he but he managed to escape. Then he went to the other window. Maybe he thought he’d have better luck there. That’s where he met his demise. My first attempt was unsuccessful, but I had more stamina and I tired him out. He started moving without thinking and going to places that weren’t helping him at all. So I took advantages of those mistakes, made A few strategic moves and victory is mine. It took me a few minutes but I sucked him up and he will never return. Ba ha ha ha. I win. I’ve been trying to turn it around and make it into an object lesson so that it has some deeper life application like Tara does on her blogs but it doesn’t work for me. Maybe it’s a spiritual gift that she has.

I got some paint the other day for my room. It’s a light aqua color called country cottage. It’ll look real nice. I think once I have it painted that’ll take care of a lot of the smell. A change of smell is always good. That’s why I like candles and incense so much it can change the atmosphere of a room for however long it burns. I experienced a thunder storm today. With thunder and lightning and all that great stuff. It was just like being back in Florida at Camp Keystone again. I loved it.

I just wan to let everyone know that the Tampa bay Lightning just beat the Ottawa Senators 4-3 in the Playoffs. Woo Hoo!!!

3 comments:

Aurora said...

I had a dream about the Empress last night....It looked exactly the same on the outside, but on the inside there were some major transformations that had taken place....I'm starting to realize that's often the way with ministry. You don't always see the huge changes that are taking place within people until years down the road, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're not making an impact. Every time I think of you playing with the kids in your neighborhood, I wonder how revolutionary it must be to simply have an adult figure play with them and love them and let them be kids. Love,
Aurora

Aurora said...

I had a dream about the Empress last night....It looked exactly the same on the outside, but on the inside there were some major transformations that had taken place....I'm starting to realize that's often the way with ministry. You don't always see the huge changes that are taking place within people until years down the road, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're not making an impact. Every time I think of you playing with the kids in your neighborhood, I wonder how revolutionary it must be to simply have an adult figure play with them and love them and let them be kids. Keep up the righteous work, bro!
Love,
Aurora

sixonefour said...

haha...good blog Trav...