10.15.2006

614 Starbucks... I like the sound of that

Grande, Double, White Mocha, non-fat, extra hot with whip cream. Why anyone orders something non-fat and then puts whip cream is something that I probably won't understand anytime soon. Those are the types of orders I hear all day because I work at Starbucks. I love it too. It's definitely a step up (or five steps up) form working at McDonald's in Bangor, ME. I did have fun working at McDonald's (even though I told everyone I hated it) but I just needed a place where I have a little more interaction with customers and it's not a boring routine type job, I almost ended up going back there if I didn't get hired anywhere else. So, after applying at fifteen different places and doing only two interviews Starbucks became was my last hope. I turned in my application talked to the manager and prayed for the best. Two weeks later I'm doing an interview and loving every minute of it...well it wasn't that exciting but I did think about painting my toenails the day before so I would have this constant smile on my face during the interview. Even if I don't get hired I would still be laughing saying to myself I know something you don't know, but I didn't have any toenail polish. Anyway, one of the best things about working there is the girl I was hired with (Bonnie) said she just became a Christian a few months ago. So right there I've got the beginning of a Starbucks cell group. I made everyone here in Charlotte (by everyone I mean Jesse, Jaime, Rob, and Heather) very excited, because every week I get a pound of Coffee for free. So every week we get to experience a new flavor caffeine buzz. The only person that is not a fan of coffee is my room mate Leo. He doesn't even like the smell, ba ha ha ha. I'll get him conver...I mean addict... I mean acclimated to the taste soon enough. Then he'll be one of us, a true Salvationist. So God has definitely blessed me with one of the best jobs I could ever and it's perfect place for ministry. When I help open the store, when there is a slow point of the day, or even after work, I love it. By the way, for Christmas everyone gets a Starbucks gift card and a Frappacinnoin the mail (because that's all I know how to make right now) the ones going to Canada and Bangor should stay frozen, the ones I send to Florida...well, thats a different story. I'll just say I don't want to be there when you open it up.

5 comments:

Victory of the People said...

Travis you make me laugh!!!

hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahah

your great

Alberta Rockstar said...

I best be getting a gift card! LOL!:-D i flippin love starbucks! i shud apply maybe i will before i go to cell! yup alberta hasn't become a diva and stopped going to cell!

dude i miss you! you was in my dream! you was a surprise guest! and i pummeled you with a hug and said TRAVIS!!!!!! yea i hope that happens forreal sometime!

and if i was there i totally would have painted your toes! it would be cute to do french tips, im becoming an expert at that, and always have those colors with me.

hmmm i miss you! we should phone conversation it sometime! have a good day!

sixonefour said...

Travis - you're doing great. I'm so glad that you're a part of 614 Charlotte...

Denise said...

614 Starbucks has a ring to it...and considering there are 3 of us(yes, I said 3)from here working there, it seems as if the Lord is on to something!! ;)

sixonefour said...

you betcha Denise - the Lord likes mocha frappucinos, that's what...