1.07.2006

A journey complete

My journey back home (to Bangor) started with my Dad waking me up at 4:15am. Although I may have already been up in a way, sleep walking, because I vaguely remember not being in my bed fifteen minutes earlier. It may have just been a very vivid dream, or it could be the fact that I was waking up at 4:15 in the morning. I think most people would feel strange waking up that early in the morning. I had some doughnuts and orange juice (freshly squeezed) for breakfast and I was off to the airport with my dad, two suitcases, and a guitar. Forty-five minutes later I was at the airport. Then the plane ride, not really a bad ride, only one hour. Then I was at Atlanta International Airport for a very long, long, long, long, long, long, long, time. I had a three hour and 58 minute wait for my next flight. Then my flight was delayed another thirty minutes. I slept for a good hour and a half. I had never slept at an airport before. I wouldn’t suggest anyone trying it at all, for any reason or for any length of time. I was very uncomfortable and I kept waking up checking my watch and my computer bag. I got onto the plane and the captain started to tell us why there was a delay. The plane had some maintenance issues. That’s so comforting. They finally get us on board, shut the door, fire up the engines, and then tell us we are on a plane that had maintenance issues. A very sobering thought. The captain assured us that it was fixed and we would by in the air soon (as long as the duct tape holds). We landed in Portland and as I walked out of the airport I noticed that it was snowing. For a few seconds I wasn’t sure what was happening because I had been in Florida where snow is considered a myth to most people there. It’s only happens in movies, in Alaska and to penguins. Bah ha ha ha ha!!! It took me a few seconds but I got over the shock of seeing snow and Captain Frank Nataluk and his family spent a few hours together eating talking and waiting and just chillin (yes, I just said a TSA officer was chillin). Then came the last leg of my trip, the bus ride (duh duh dunn). Not so bad. I got a chance to watch most of the movie “My Best Friend’s Wedding”. When I took a short break form the movie, I over heard a conversation between two people one seats behind me and across the aisle. So I listened (a.k.a. eaves dropping, though I didn’t have any eaves so I probably wasn’t dropping anything). I think it was the word Christ that caught my attention. I heard the argument that they had for why they thought he was a savior (they did believe he existed) and what there religious beliefs were (some weird Tibetan stuff). As I listened in I had my own arguments running through my mind. My brain automatically went into offensive mode and I could think of truths to prove them wrong. I was having a battle with them in my mind and I had the upper hand. I never actually talked to them but I could put up a strong case for Christ had I been bold enough to speak up. I thought that just popping into the middle of a conversation with apologetics flowing might not be a great idea, but we were on a bus so it’s not like they could get away from me. Sooner or later I’ll get them (and there little dog too). It was after the bus ride I realized that hearing that conversation was an attack of sorts on me and it failed miserably. I just got back from a time of rest and reenergizing and that’s the first attack I get thrown at me by the enemy. I can’t believe that’s the best he can come up with. It was nothing. The battle here in Bangor is going to be a route no contest. The war is on and my battle cry is NO COMPROMISE!!!!

No comments: