1.23.2006

Thoughts from Jeff

This is just a quick blog. Here are some thoughts that I got from my roommate(Jeff) (not a Christian…yet) a few days ago. These thoughts stemmed from me being very cold. His words: “This winter has actually been much warmer than what it usually is. I know last night I said it was because of global warming but I don’t think that’s it at all I think it’s something more than just that. I think that it’s a sign of the Apocalypse. Armageddon is just around the corner. If you think about what’s happened recently with ht Tsunami is South East Asia, the thirty straight days of rain in Seattle and unheard of number of hurricanes this year…there’s only one explanation for it. I really think that The November 11th attacks and Hurricane Katrina were all judgment from God. I have been in the WTC and it was just filled with greed and power, and then in New Orleans with all the sexual immorality and gluttony and adultery happening, it’s no wonder that God sent judgment on them. Then there’s the war happening in the Middle East and I know that that the Bible has to say something about that stuff. I really think that the Apocalypse is just around the corner. There have been all these unexplainable things happening in the weather, and I think more will be coming along, but multiple fifty degree days in January in Bangor, Maine are just another sign.” I was stunned that all that had just come from a man who has in no way before shown any interest in talking about God and was also just getting over a hangover.

“He replied, "When evening comes, you say, 'It will be fair weather, for the sky is red,' and in the morning, 'Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.' You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times. A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a miraculous sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah." Jesus then left them and went away. Matthew 16:2-4 (NIV)


God is speaking to us and to the people that don’t know him yet Hallelujah!!

1 comment:

Aurora said...

Good thing you're there to help point the way, right?