1.01.2006

A revolution is brewing in Florida

Happy New Year everybody!!

I just came back from Camp Keystone. We had a New Year’s weekend Camp Staff Reunion. It was amazing. We had our former DYS Major Willis and Barbara Howell as our main attraction. It was wonderful being with them again. There the type of people that you can’t be around without catching some of the fire that they have and then be compelled to do something. Major Howell has a way with words. When he speaks he gets the points across in a way that can make it sound exciting to anyone. I think he could make watching ugly paint dry sound interesting. Two ideas that he talked about (and actually did with us) were openness and accountability. He wanted to know how we had been since he and his wife had left, but he also asked us how we were as far as our spiritual life was. He wanted to know how we were really doing. It was awesome to hear some of the things that were happening in the lives of some of my friends that I hadn’t seen in about a year. I had real conversations and we talked about real issues that we normally wouldn’t bring up, not because we were afraid too; I just don’t think we ever thought about it before. It was great getting back with friends and actually getting to know more about them when I thought I had already known almost everything there was to know. We also talked about accountability. Something that hadn’t been brought up much before, but was very much needed. I’m really excited about what’s happening in the Florida division. I think God has key people set in place that are going to start making changes to take this division further into the Revolution that has already started. I’m very eager to see what comes out of all of this in the next couple of years. It’s going to be good.

For our New Year celebration we watched fireworks stayed out until two o’clock…maybe three, drank sparkling apple cider and Gabe acted like he was drunk for the rest of the night. It was good stuff.
blog#101

No comments: