11.30.2005

What Brian Wilson is alive???

Aurora and I just got done watching the lighting of the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center. They made an announcement before hand that would be performing, these include: The Brian Setzer Orchestra, Rod Stewart, Sheryl Crow and Brian Wilson…I thought Brian Wilson was dead. I distinctly remember someone telling me he dies from a heart attack a number of years ago at like age 48. Apparently he’s not dead, unless he was resurrected to play in New York for the lighting of the Christmas tree; it could happen, but I doubt it. He didn’t really look old either. So it may be a while before he kicks the bucket…I wonder how many more people may be alive that I think are dead…JFK…hmmm? Besides just being confused by a lively Brian Wilson I was very pleased with the songs that were sung. For those of you who haven’t been keeping up with the news there is a huge dispute about the words …one nation under God… in our pledge of Allegiance, copies of the Ten Commandments have been taken out of our court rooms and someone recently tried to get an engraving of “In God We Trust” taken off a Federal Building in Washington D.C. For the past few years people have been trying to keep God in Church and out of everyday life and it’s sickening. It makes me absolutely furious when I hear about someone trying to take God out of something else. Well, at The Lighting of the Christmas tree (remember that’s what this is all about) a few of the songs that were sung included Silent Night, O Little Town of Bethlehem, and Joy to the World. It wasn’t frosty the Snowman or Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer for a good part of it Christ was kept in the performance. Praise YHWH that neither God nor Christ will ever be taken out of Christmas. Christ’s birth and life always has been, and always should be recognized and celebrated during Christmas.

No comments: