8.20.2005

Graduation...as we go on we remember...

Celebrate good times come on!!! Ba da da da da da da dah woo hoo!!! Yes I know that song is older than I am and it’s weird that I’m typing in the horn parts on my blog but I have reason to celebrate. For those of you who don’t know yet The Martyrs graduated yesterday. The ceremony was held at a restaurant called One. There was an open bar and everyone could get as many free drinks as we wanted. I got to have a Tequila Sunrise and a Pina Colada and some other special drink that the bartender concocted right in front of me. Of course none of these drinks had alcohol since I am a Salvationist, and if they did have alcohol I would have been breaking my covenant and that would be a sin. I didn’t realize that all a Tequila Sunrise contained was orange juice, Tequila and some red stuff. I had a glass of Orange juice with red stuff swirled in it. That was pretty boring. The drinks were not important though. What is important is that we all graduated. Colonel Don Coppell presented us with our certificates and then we had to give a seventy-five second testimony. I think Beracah was the only one who filled up all Seventy-five seconds. We got our certificates and Colonel Coppell had a word from the Lord for each of us which was really cool. There was a presentation of some Scholarships earned by the students. We then sat around talking and mingling then they brought on the food. We had our choice of pizza, a sirloin burger, chicken and prawn fettuccini, and some veggie filo thing. The chicken and prawns were exquisite. It was good times.

After our ceremony we all changed out of our uniforms for the celebration part of our graduation. We headed to the Command Center wearing our brand new Martyr shirts. We danced and sang and praised God for a good three hours and then Jonathan Evans did the preach and pitch. Then Stephen and Danielle anointed our feet with oil and gave each of us anther word from the Lord and we walked out of the Command Center as a prophetic act of being sent out into the world; then we came back in…that part wasn’t prophetic. We stayed and worshiped some more and when it was over the cleaning began, but that didn’t take long at all. Everything was done by Eleven o’clock and we all hung out in the Command Center for a while eating pizza and talking and some people were crying because they were leaving. It was one of those Michael W. Smith moments. Friends a friend forever if the Lord is Lord of them, and a friend will not say never...you get the idea. Most of us were to tired to do anything else it was weird. I figured since it was our last to be together he time wouldn’t have mattered and we would want to spend as much time with each other as we could…well, that’s what I felt, but I guess for everyone else 1:30am was too late to hang out. So now I’m sitting here watching people leave; knowing that soon there will be only a few people left with me, and then I get to leave woo hoo!! I can’t wait. I graduated!!!!! How cool is that??!!

No comments: