8.09.2005

I'm Baaaaaaaaack in Van again

I have a lot of catching up to do so here it goes.

I’m still happy, saved, and free, back in Vancouver. It was an awkward plane trip back. Some how Alaska air changed an eight hour trip into a five and a half hour trip. I stayed at the Vancouver airport longer than I wanted to because Darren misread my e-mail so I had to make some phone calls to get his number and get a ride to the Empress. I could have spent the night at the airport but that would have been weird…for more people than just my self. I’m happy to announce this was the first time I have flown into Vancouver and it hasn’t been raining. Every other time it’s been raining when I have come in but this was my first dry flight into Van. We started classes yesterday and I’ve been hearing the tales of triumph from the other Martyrs. I don’t get to entertain the martyrs with my legend until next Monday. Almost everyone is here. Jono is the only one who hasn’t returned (slacker). It’s okay though no hard feelings. No pressure. It’s okay that we don’t have our full community yet because we’re waiting for you. There’s grace, but seriously hurry up and get here.

I am very excited because Ultimate Frisbee has been put into our schedule. It’s a genius idea I don’t know why we didn’t do it earlier. I love Ultimate Frisbee (I think I said that like a million time already). I played Ultimate Frisbee yesterday and I had a blast. It was the longest game I have ever played in my life but it was fun. I learned that usually height beats numbers. I was the second tallest person on our team and we lost. Stephen Bell was the tallest. Our team had to guard Stephen Court, Aaron White Jeni Parsons, and Regan Lipsett. We are not taller than nay of them (Josh Ivany, Phil Marriot, Danielle Strickland, Stephen Bell, and myself, there were more people but not as many people would read this blog because it would look way too long ). It was like David versus Goliath but David didn’t do so hot this time. We tried so hard, and put up a good fight; we started out strong and had the lead most of the game, but in the end height prevailed. 28-26 we were so close. I wish this had been done earlier in the year it was awesome. I can’t wait till next week. Most of us are really sore right now but that’s a good thing. Some of our muscles needed to be worked. We get to play Soccer tomorrow night. That’s exciting. I’m not real good at Soccer because I’m American, but I can hold my own ground.

I just want to let all of my adoring fans know that I my blogs may not be as frequent as they have been because I won’t always have the time or computer availability here. So don’t think I died or stopped blogging. It just may take longer than usual. It’s cell time so I’ll see you guys later.

2 comments:

Rebekah Dooley said...

travis, it is good to have you back in vancouver bro :D
i agree with the whole thing about playing sports earlier in the year would of been a genious idea.

Jerrica said...

Hey Travis im happy that ur happy but u have to come back to Bangor sometime so i can see u... i miss u soooooooooooooooo much... call me sometime i emailed u my address and Phone number... u better write and call mister...