5.23.2005

Bangor in a nutshell

Bangor is an absolutely beautiful city…when It’s not raining. I could have stayed in Vancouver and gotten this kind of weather. There is also no Thunder or Lightning. It’s not even exciting rain just wetness. From what I’ve been told it’s not always like this. It maybe letting up soon though. It’s also cold here. What is the deal I can’t catch a break. But I don’t like to gripe and complain so I won’t. I had a chance to go to Youth Councils her in Maine. That was exciting. Of all the themes in the world they picked Napoleon Dynamite. Heck yeah!! Why didn’t they use that in the south. Gosh!! flippin idiot!! But it was again cold and wet. The cabin I stayed in didn’t have heat either, but that’s okay I felt right at home. I had the privilege of meeting Tom Freeman; he is an awesome worship leader, but the youth in this territory are much more reserved that In the South. Not a whole lot of shouting or jumping when the song is up beat, so Aurora and I got a number of odd looks when we yelled out “There is freedom!!.” It eventually caught on. I got to hook up with a lot of the guys who attend the corps at YC. There all really awesome I’m going to have a blast this summer. I also realized I am terrible when I play X-box. There is this game everyone likes to play called Halo2 and I am absolutely terrible at it. It’s great fun but I suck at it. I mean…uh we don’t play X-box…we have a tough schedule thirty hours of work a day. Not time for X-box. That would be a non-productive activity…uh…yeah. Forget it. Yes I play X-box and I love it. Stephen you should think about investing in one…or two. Jonathan your slacking you should have had one donated six months ago. I’m having so much fun here. I got to go see Star Wars Episode III “Revenge of the Sith” the first day it was out. We thought about catching the midnight showing but that would have been too long of a day. So we saw the seven ten showing. As you can tell I’ve been having a blast and I think bogging has to be a daily thing so everyone try to keep up.

1 comment:

Victory of the People said...

I just read Doug's entry about your renday-vous with the police...very very very funny!
you better write about it soon! hahahah