5.27.2005

POWER HOUSE--Ministry opportunity

Powerhouse. This is an opportunity to meet the teens in Bangor. This is a night that The Bangor corps has set aside for teens to come in and just go wild. There was: air hockey, ping-pong, x-box, foosball, basketball, Dance Dance Revolution, we showed a movie. It was just a lot of fun. It was definitely not what I expected. I thought it was going to be mostly the same people that went to YC. There were a good number of people not at Powerhouse who went to YC. There were a lot of people at powerhouse that weren’t at YC as well. This is like an amazing ministry opportunity. I relate, build relations, I strike…with the sword of course. I’ve always bee a little naïve in thinking that everybody in Christian groups/functions/circles is a Christian. I have always thought that, and I don’t know why. I just realized these last couple of years that is not true. Did anybody else have that mind set? I can’t assume everybody is a Christian because they are not. If they all were why would that gathering exist? It happens at settings like TWC but that’s training ground. Squad meetings are to get us trained up for these times. In the settings outside TWC I think they are very rare. Why would Christian bands have worship and response times at their concerts if everyone there were a Christian? Why would we have an alter call at Sunday morning worship service if everyone was an assumed Christian? WHAT WAS I THINKING? I love these ministry opportunities. I wish I had noticed these earlier. Actually if I had, I probablly would have crashed and burned.

1 comment:

Jerrica said...

I know a lot of teens that arn't saved and arn't Christians... but I am a christian just to let u know... and iv'e been trying to get some of my friends to come to church and powehouse for a while... and i brought a couple of people...