5.24.2005

Perfect Opportunity...missed

Well, I think everybody reading this already knows by now. You guys probably read Doug’s blog more than mine. You all know that I have had an serious huge urge to get a police officer saved and I have been thinking it could be here in Bangor. Yesterday I had the perfect opportunity. I was driving this huge fifteen-passenger van…in the rain and I was looking to see exactly where the turn was to get into the parking lot of the Family Store (thrift store). I realized where it was and I focused on the road again; that’s when I saw them two enormous red lights. I hit the brakes and tried to stop, but it was raining and a fifteen-passenger van is not great at doing quick stops. The light had to have been red for a few seconds because a car was coming out of the street going across. I knew that even if I did stop I would have been in the middle of an intersection and people would have been furious with me. So I hit the gas and went right through. I didn’t look to see if there was a police officer in the area because I didn’t have the time. He, needless to say, saw me go right through the red light. He pulled in behind me, I hoped he was just going the same way I was because he didn’t have his lights on, so I pulled into the parking lot of the Family Store and so did he and then he hit his lights…STINK!!! Doug was in front of me going on but he saw the lights in his rear view mirror and went around the other way to see what was happening. I decide to play it dumb and get out of the van to get Chris, he told to get back in the van so I did and I checked my pockets for my wallet. Guess what I didn’t have…I had left my wallet with my ID at the house. The police officer came up to me (I tried to make it as casual as possible asked me where I was from (I don’t know how he knew I wasn’t from here) I said, “Florida via Vancouver.” That I think confused him. He asked me for my Id and I said that I forgot it at the house. He asked me if I had any ID I said no but my name is in my Bible if that helps. He didn’t like that joke either. He needs a sense of humor. He got my whole name and birth date and went back to his car to run my name through a system. Doug and I just talked and laughed. He never brought out his ticket book once, so I was feeling pretty good at that point. I knew I had never had any tickets or accident so I’m okay. I was too, he came back and said, “you’re all right just pay more attention next time” Then I realized I missed a perfect opportunity get him saved. He was divine appointment and I missed it. Oh no I have failed I am going to into seclusion, and never show my face again.

Not really. That would be ridiculous. I’m never ridiculous. OF COURSE HE’S NEVER RIDICULOUS!!!!! Okay I’m done now.