6.26.2005

Disappointment

Man, today was…oh, how to describe it…disappointing…very disappointing. I awoke at 9:00 to the sound of a phone. It was Aurora. Praise God for wake up calls (I was hoping to sleep till ten). I was going to meet them at a skate park and then go to Alswamooska (close enough) Lake. Unfortunately Chris also wanted to go to a different lake with some of his friends. So I decided, being a man with an impeccable sense of direction (if pigs and cows are flying and monkeys are eating Oreos 24-7), that I would take Chris and his friends to Branch Lake and then find my way to Lake Aswallowamooseka. It would be no problem. Unless the directions I got were wrong. Charlie is a great guy but when giving directions road name help so much. I had no problem getting on to SR 15 finding the road to turn to get to Lake Asquashaducka I was in the dark. I had to find a road that started out paved and then turned into a dirt road, and it’s right after a fish factory (also odd) sign. It also would have been helpful to know that I had to get on to SR 1 rather than stay on fifteen. Needless to say I never made it. I drove up and down Sr 15 foe forty-five minutes looking for a sign for a fish factory, or a sign that pointed me to Lake Aswapatoungeka. After Charlie, Ashley (Charlie’s wife or close to it) and, Aurora were done having the time of there life at Lake Aswatabugka. They called me asking if I would want to go to there house to see a movie and just hang out. Of course I would love to. So we rented Life Aquatic. None of us had seen it, but it had Bill Murray, Jeff Goldblum, and Owen Wilson. It’s an all-star cast it has to be funny. No there's a good reason none of the people reading my blog have ever heard of that movie, absolutely terrible. I only remember laughing once in the entire movie and I usually laugh easily. This was stupid. I think they tried to be funny it just didn’t work at all. I don’t know why they thought it would be a good idea to do the movie. It bombed. I was very disappointed. Never see the movie Life Aquatic it is disappointment in a box. That was my disappointing day. I preach tomorrow though Praise the Lord!!

No comments: