6.12.2005

Sunday!! Sunady!!! Sunday!!!

Sunday is always an interesting day. This was the first time I heard Tara preach. Apparently the smile on my face wasn’t exactly what she was looking for in the audience. I guess she was hoping to see more of a convicted look. That’s my bad. I’ll try harder next time. It was a very good preach. William Booth would be proud I think. "Stop looking for religion and start forming a relationship". I hope I quoted that right. A much needed message this day and age. No one was rushing to the mercy seat when she finished but, you can’t always measure effectiveness by the number of converts. Sometimes the change that happens on the inside takes time in order to appear on the outside. I thought it was good stuff and cool beans all at once.

I came home (I am now calling the Burr’s house my home) took a nap and watched the last few minutes of Arena Bowl XIX. The Colorado Crush beat the Georgia G-force with a field goal in the last three seconds 38-41. I enjoyed it.

Then Sunday night Bible study. I hadn’t been to it previously, but I decided tonight would be a good night to attend. I think the intention was to finish Luke chapter 22 and get through part of chapter 23. We started on verse 39. We only got through fourteen verses (schedule subject to change by Holy Spirit). Rather than length we went for depth. We dug into parts rather than just skim the surface a dig a bit here and there. We asked questions and searched for answers. It was really nice. We talked the disciples falling asleep, Judas and his betrayal, Peter whipping out his sword, and then his denial, later. I think it was a little more than what most of them are used to. I really enjoyed it. I also got some bloggable quotes. Only two:

1) Judas was a church goer but he wasn’t a Christian—Gene. What a guy he led the study. smart man. I think I need to get some one on one time with him. See what else he’s got stored up in that head.
2) God has OCD when it comes to love—Tara. I think most of you know her. She’s cool beans.

I think I may need to use those sooner or later, probably later rather than sooner.

3 comments:

Fat_Justice said...

get over it, sue ann!
(tee he he)
it's all good, travvy

God continue to bless you beyond measure

Seeker of The Light said...

I think your blogs are a fine length- except the short ones!

Tara Ayer said...

Hey! I said I liked the smile...it was encouraging!