6.27.2005

First day of VBS and more.

Who knew that after all the preparation done yesterday there could be so much more left to do. I thought someone was going to have a heart attack over some of the stuff that needed to be done. Our first day went great though. Everything easy wonderful, all the volunteers showed up all our supplies were where we needed them and he kids had a blast. I don’t think it could have gone better form my perspective. I also got to play a Shofarot which was like music to my ears. The best part (for me) was after VBS, after the fun and games, after the singing and playing, and after I had taken the kids home. I was taking Charlie home and he opened up to me like never before. I was so amazed. I asked him a simple question like when did you accept Christ so he change your life? and it opened up a myriad of other stuff. He was suddenly willing to share struggles in his life and problems he had been facing and I was able to share with him some of the insight I had and let him know that I shrewd some of his same struggles at some point in my life. It was wonderful. We talked about stuff I hadn’t even thought about before. He has applied to work at camp this summer because he needs a job and there short staffed. So pray that God’s will and not mine will be done in that situation. He’s also trying to get one of his brothers saved and to get a cousin of his to quit smoking. I love this guy. I’m very excited about spending more time with him. You got to respect one on one van time. Obviously that won’t be the only time I’m with him but I will do what I can with it. Hallelujah! Praise the Lord. No seriously praise the Lord…right now…as you’re reading this. Do it!!

No comments: