6.17.2005

Memory Lane and BIG REVELATION

I just got back from taking a tour of Bangor High School with two year alumni Jenn Burr. We (Jenn, Aurora, and I) walked through the halls as Jenn reminisced about the time she spent there, and things did and didn’t do. We also took a little walk through the back woods which is where the “smoker clique” would hang out before after and during school. She told us things that happened in different groups and the things that happened in different parts of the school. It brought back some memories for me too but I was able to hold back the tears. After our trip down memory lane we went to Starbucks (of course Starbucks) and we started talking about the idea of there being nothing to do in this city. Jenn brought up a very interesting point though first she said in a city like this the church should step up to get exciting stuff happening for people to do. I agree with that totally. Then she said, “In this city it’s hard to be without a group of friends that you would meet at like school and stuff, because there is nothing to do but when there is a group like the four of us (Me, Jenn, Aurora, and Tara) are together we can think of fun stuff to do.” I think that is one reason that community would be so vital here in Bangor. While we were at a conference (Aflame) at Camp Sebago Stephen pitched MMCCXX. It must have hit Doug like a ton of bricks because he’s all over trying to get Bangor in on the deal. At first I was having a tough time seeing how we would get people out of there houses and into a community but now I realize that we will get then to realize they will have something to do rather than sit in front of a Television and watch other people having fun. It’s the perfect plan to get breakthrough. Someone give me some feed back on this I’m very excited right now…although it could be partially form this Starbucks coffee I have right now. I am so on fire ready to get going. It’s good thing powerhouse is tonight or else I would have no outlet for this energy….who am I kidding I always find an outlet for it. Look out Powerhouse T-SCRIGGITY on his way!!!

No comments: