6.19.2005

Powerhouse and Bonfires Good combinations

Last night at Powerhouse I had a blast. I played Dodge ball almost the entire night. I love Dodge ball; it’s so fun. I was hitting people left and right then I was getting hit even more. There was a band that preformed; they were serious hardcore. I don’t think the lead singer actually sang or said any words I think he just yelled into the mic the whole time. I couldn’t hear any actual words in the songs though. Maybe he just forgot them all and was trying to cover it up…probably not. I didn’t stay to listen to the band very long because (partially because I couldn’t understand them) it was in a small room and it was killing my ears, but I could also hear them while I was in the gym…and any other part of the building. I love powerhouse.

Today we had a pizza fest. It was a fundraiser for the teen center (powerhouse). We had pizzas donated form four different (local) pizza chains and every one paid five dollars to try the pizza. There were games and cookies and some other stuff, but it was all about the pizza. After it was over Aurora, Charlie, (a guy from the corps) and I went over to Charlie Liu’s (guy who is in charge of Powerhouse) house. We had a bonfire, that took for ever to get started because the wood was wet (gasoline helps), we had smores and a Frisbee and two muddy dogs and lots and lots of fun. We sat around the fire and talked for hours until we decided, at ten o’clock, we should leave. So we jumped in the fifteen passenger van put it in reverse and hit the gas, we hit it again and again and again and realized we were stuck. The ground was so wet and saturated and soft that the two back wheels were just spinning and digging deeper into the mud. I went in and asked for some help so we got out some 2x4’s and tried to get them under the wheels, no luck, then we used an old skateboard deck, no luck. Finally we got some shovels and gravel and started to dig. We realize it was helping a little so we stuck the 2x4’s in (and the skateboard deck) and the four of us (Me, Charlie, Charlie, and Rickey) started pushing as hard as we could. That van was not easy to push. So with Aurora hitting the gas and our pushing, the van finally stared moving, and we stopped pushing and the van stopped moving, so we had to push even more to get it on solid ground so it would move by it self (there’s a sermon in that). It was a good form of authentic Christian community (except not all of them were Christians). I missed it and enjoyed it. So my pants are filthy it’s late and I’m tired so good night everybody.

2 comments:

Tara Ayer said...

Travis...I have a question for you. Did you leave your dirty pants on while you posted your blog?

Gideon son of Joash said...

Tara I did that blog pantless.

is it weird that I'm commenting on my own blog???