7.09.2005

A cool beans day

Satan starts on me right when I wake up this morning. It was easy though; I took him out with no problem (I simply said go). Aurora and I were asked to go over to Charlie’s house to spend the day hanging out playing pool and watching some movies. At first I was like I really don’t want to I really just want to stay at the house and do nothing. Then I thought how much does that suck. GO!! He’s the guy you want to get saved; how is that going to happen if you stay at home and miss this opportunity to be with him. DUH!!!!! So off we went. We got to his house through the rain after being there for about half an hour I realized I’m terrible at pool. I always thought I was pretty good. When you haven’t played in about a year (on a good table) it shows. I was terrible. Then we decided to have a tournament. That’s when I realized I lost (or never had) my touch. Three games of cut throat. I lost mine and lost for another guy (I took his place since he left early). So that’s two games, in a row, I lost. They go on with the tournament. Jessica wins. Then we decide to have a loser’s battle. Aurora, Rickey, and I are competing. Rickey and I both lost two games. So were doing what we can to get a record three in a row. We actually didn’t want Aurora to win at all. The game lasted forever (notice how it’s underlined). That had to be the longest game in the world. I would say it lasted just over an hour. We scratched so many times (most were non-intentional) so we kept bringing other balls up. Just when everyone thought it was almost over bam, bam, bam, three scratches in a row; the table is full again, and it’s anybody’s game. I couldn’t believe how long it was. It eventually ended up me and Aurora facing off. I missed an easy shot and she sunk my last ball. I was hoping for a scratch but no such luck. So Rickey and I both lost three consecutive games. How cool are we.
We went to get some pizza and rent some movies. The pizza we got was enormous twenty-seven inches. Yes we were gluttonous pigs. I think we wanted to have enough for everyone to get there fill. We had our fill and more with the chips added to the mix. We then watched The Village and The Jacket. As Keanu Reeves would say “Whoa.” Those movies were so weird. I thought my head would explode because they confused me so much. I understood them but they were just…too strange for me. I usually love psychological thrillers but these two were just odd. The Jacket was okay. I like it. It was a good movie. The Village was just too slow and really weird for me. They had a colony with beliefs and lives built on fear and deceit. I didn’t like that and the girl really had nothing to fear while she was in the woods, so it wasn’t that exciting. I personally was unimpressed. We were also planning on watching Hostage, but after the first two movies it was too late. Maybe another time I can ponder through that one. It was an awesome day. I wouldn’t trade it for any another. It was cool beans.

1 comment:

Jerrica said...

Hey Travis i never saw those movies but maybe sometime we can watch Hostage together cuz i haven't seen it either... that stinks that u lost all of ur pool games but it's also kinda hilarous... i'm not that good at pool either so i can't laugh to hard!!!:)