7.31.2005

Old Orchard Beach

OOB woot, woot!!! I got a chance to go to Old Orchard Beach yesterday (Phil should be happy for me). We didn’t have a normal morning meeting because everyone was on vacation and the burr’s had to go to OOB so we went there with them. The New York Staff Band was on schedule to perform and they were absolutely awesome. I think they were my favorite part of the meeting. It made me miss marching band. There was a lady who was led by the holy Spirit to pray, Major Janet Munn performed a Scripture monologue(Revelation 4:2-8), The New York Staff band performed I’m In His Hands by Phil Laeger (USA south woot, woot), and Commissioner Bill Francis was the Key speaker for the meeting. It was a really awesome time. The Holy Spirit was definitely present (as he always is) and able to use the speakers to his advantage. The commissioner spoke on Psalm1 (Tara already has laid claims to that blog though). It was a very exciting time. I don’t know why but I have been getting excited when I see someone here that I haven’t seen in just a few days. I was excited to see Doug and Deb and it had only been Thursday since I saw them. I was also excited to see Danny (Bangor lead intercessor) and I hadn’t seen him since Wednesday. That’s really weird to me. I don’t know exactly what God is doing to me but I like it. After the meeting we went to Sam’s grandmother house and had our own little pick-nick and then off to the beach. Clarice suggested burying someone in the sand…I volunteered my self. Word of advice always take money wallet and everything else you have in your pockets out before you get buried in the sand. I lost $1.65 in change to the sand. We dug around for it and all I could recover was one quarter. My pockets were full of sand and as well as my wallet. Luckily I got all of it out before I got on the van…I think. Aurora took over the driving duties on the way back (we had to turn around four times because she missed our turn off to get back). I played around in the back with my digital camera taking pictures of Charlie’s tongue and Sam’s nostrils…don’t ask it was an odd ride. I took over in the last hour and half because Aurora was too tired but I started to get tired as well which was weird because ten minutes earlier I was wide awake, but I stuck U2 into the Cd player put the AC vent right in my face and kept on truckin…while everyone else slept. It was cool beans and I’d do it again if I had the chance. But I wont because I’m leaving…and that stinks…a lot.

5 comments:

Jerrica said...

Hey Travis, i wish u weren't going im going to miss u so much... but i hope to see u later in life maybe next year or something... well ill ttyl byebye loves

Anonymous said...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/zoinkdog1985/camp%20pics/HPIM0142.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/zoinkdog1985/camp%20pics/HPIM0140.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/zoinkdog1985/camp%20pics/HPIM0139.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/zoinkdog1985/camp%20pics/HPIM0138.jpg
hay travis here are some pics off your cam. lol
~charlie~

Anonymous said...

oops
jest copy and past the links
lol

Anonymous said...

Hey Travis - whatever you did or Charlie did to get the pic can you do the same w/the picture for Michael?
Mary Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

that was me
if you make your self a account on photobucket.com you can upload pics and send people the links so that they can vew them so that you dont need to keep them on your computer taking up space.
if you would like me to make you one my sn for yahoo is zoinkdog1985
and my sn for aim is lostwaxf
feel free to e-mail me at zoinkdog@hotmail.com
:D
i would be happy to help in any way i can
:D

~charlie~