7.16.2005

Fun at the park

Aurora and I went to Peeks Kenny National Park today with Charlie and a bunch of volunteers form Powerhouse. That was cool. We went into the lake there. It was fun going into a lake that you couldn’t see the bottom of without having to worry about what was there. No gators in Maine I guess. Yesterday I was saying to myself I don’t want o go I want to stay at home and do nothing. Why would I want to do that? That would have been so boring. I had a blast. I almost wish I would have stayed longer. I had Cheez-Its, Gatorade, ad sunscreen what more do you need? I was ready for anything. I found some cool rocks too. They also had a lifeguard there. That must be a boring job watching people have fun in a twenty by twenty foot swimming area. The deepest part was like 6 ½ feet. No sharks and no gators just make sure everyone is swimming. We tried to do a hike through he woods but that didn’t work. All we found were camping grounds and people looking at us like we didn’t know where we were going…because we really didn’t know where we were going. That makes sense. We pulled out a Frisbee and threw is around a bit after our short trek. I wanted to play a game of Ultimate Frisbee but no one else was up for it. We had fun playing Marco Polo though. It was an awesome time. How great is this summer assignment? I get to hang out in Bangor, have fun, build relationships, and try to start a cell. You can’t beat it. I love this place. I can’t get enough of it. I feel like I don’t want to close my eyes and I don’t want to fall asleep ‘cause I’d miss you Bangor and I don’t wanna miss a thing. I feel like I could write a song with those words. I bet it would be a hit if I did it. Josh you’re not permitted to steal my idea. Those are my words and I have the blog to prove it. Score!!

1 comment:

Jerrica said...

i would have gone with u and try to dunk u again but i couldn't go cuz i had a sunburn and my grandmother wouldn't let me go... well we'll just have to hang out sometime before u leave...