7.17.2005

Not just another Sunday in Bangor,Maine

Sunday is always a good experience here in Bangor. The worship is always an exciting time and the speaker’s words are always anointed (even when he ends with a Forest Gump ending…like me). Today’s anointed speaker was Aurora Atell. We sang “His Love Endures Forever” during praise and Worship, we heard Michael W. Smith sing “His Love Endures Forever” for an offertory, and we read Psalm 136 (read it and you’ll see a trend happening…if you haven’t already). It was a very loving atmosphere. Her preach was about recognizing and obeying God’s call for our lives. We even had Sword Drills I hadn’t done those since Jamie Smith did them in class one day. Previous to that I hadn’t done them in like twelve years. That’s a long time. I then was invited to Mary MacKay’s house for Lunch since if I was at home it would be me and Winfield. It was good. Barbeque Pork and Potato Salad (what is taters precious?). I learned to play a game called Ziggity. I’m almost sure that’s what it’s called. Aurora taught me and I won three out of our five game tournament. I’ve noticed lately that I’ve been focused on results a lot lately…is that a bad thing?? I’m just curious. I seriously want some input on that. The real interesting part of the day was fifteen minutes ago in Bible Study. Gene is a well of information that is constantly pouring out when he gets a chance. There were things that I thought I had straightened out in my minds and he would bring something up and throw my ideas into another tailspin and they would crash and burn. It’s funny how the Holy Spirit seems to want you to wrestle with stuff rather than figure it out and sit on it that way. I also saw a very fiery and tenacious side of Tara tonight. I apparently wasn’t the only one arguing with stuff in my head. Some of her remarks seemed to have an edge to them. It wasn’t a bad thing but it made the atmosphere different. Rather than sitting at the table listening to Gene pour out his info and have these dead pan bland expressions on our face we actually had fun we made jokes and laughed at stuff when we started running ion circles over issues. It was very exciting. I almost can’t wait for next week. I’m not really sure how it came about but we did get into a discussion on holiness. The discussiopn lingered on and finally we prayed and petitioned for Holiness. It was good stuff. Holiness is what I want and what I need!!!

No comments: