7.10.2005

Sunday breakthrough!!!! Praise GOD!!!!

Sunday was good. I didn’t wake up on time but that’s okay. I wasn’t very prepared for the young adult Sunday school discussion we had, but it turned out all right. I was feeling weird all day until lunch. I was invited to Mary’s house for lunch and it was good. I got to sit talk and eat (all good things). I laughed at stories told someone else's stories(not my own) and laughed some more it was good. I then took a short nap on the couch. Not good. Aurora and Tara got some scissors and I woke up hearing Aurora’s giggle and was appalled because they were cutting a small bit of hair form my beard. I was so furious (and still half asleep). I couldn’t believe it. Danielle asks Tara to do something and she pulls Aurora into it and they become Delilah. AGHHHHHH!!!!! I will not be overcome. They will not win. Danielle’s plan will fail. The rest of the day was good. I watched Brianna eat most of a banana like corn on the cob. Funny. It was also Fred’s birthday. I didn’t know so I couldn’t get him anything. I wouldn’t be able to if I did know; my wallet was and still is empty. I always thought my parents were joking (or stupid/careless) when they said money doesn’t last long. They were right. It stinks. Anyway I had some ice cream cake which was wonderful. Then off to Sonday Nite Live. That was awesome. You may remember me saying I couldn’t figure out how to get a hunger in the youth for the word of God. I just had to present it in a different way. I had to figure out a way to reach this post-modern generation. I am sorry Aaron I will review your notes tonight. Deb figured it out. We watched a movie. Coach Carter (awesome movie) then brought up critical thinking points half way through. We made it a time when they wouldn’t shut there brains down for a two hours during the movie. We had them watch for quotes or places that pulled out emotions. Principals in the movie that were good or not. And ideas of how it related to life form a Christian view. I was so thrilled when I realized what was happening. I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of it earlier. I have like ten blogs talking about preaching point and quotable lines in movies. It makes sense. Now I know. Good note for whoever comes hear next year. Everyone in The Holy Terror session of The War College, who is reading this, refer the student going to Bangor to this specific blog. It will be helpful. Just kidding, but seriously do it.

Ten months of hair and still going strong. Two song quotes for it.
No compromise—OC Supertones
I won’t back down—Tom Petty

2 comments:

Tara Ayer said...

mooahh haa ha! I don't think you have to worry about the Samson analogy bro...I've seen your displays of strenght! Hee hee. For the record...more than enjoying the devlish indulgence of snipping some of that beard that stores food sometimes, was the thrill of seeing Travis express a new emotion. It was strangely exciting!

Jerrica said...

Hey Travis i would love to see your beard cuz you would look cuter with just the hair and not the beard thingy...