7.13.2005

Hindsight's 20/20

I realized today that I have to re think some things that I enjoyed before I went to The War College. I went to Charlie and Ashley’s house last night. Aurora and I had bought some smore stuff and so had Charlie and Ashley, so there was a plethora of smores stuff. It was good. We played a few games of pool; I did well in the first game then I got progressively worse. I don’t know why. I thought I was doing everything the same I still had fun though. After I had gotten to the point of terrible pool where I couldn’t go anywhere else but up we stopped to do the smores. We stoked up a fire and roasted some mallows. It was wonderful. We talked about all our musical endeavors and other random stuff it was fun. Then we watched the movie Identity. I had seen this movie once before while I was in Florida. That was before my TWC transformation. I liked this movie at one point in my life. It’s in the “psychological thriller” category. After I watched it again I wasn’t quite sure what was so thrilling about it. I couldn’t deal with all the death and gruesomeness of it all. I was not a fan. I had this huge disgust for the movie after it was over. It has a unique twist at the end but the rest of the movie is stupidly (is that a word?) gross absolutely. I guess it’s something I should have seen coming but I sometimes don’t think about stuff until it happens. Then it seems so clear. Hindsight’s always 20/20. Maybe that could be my superpower to be able to see the results of stuff before it happens. I have the power of hindsight. That could be fun. I still like the force field idea though (read my blog from July 8th if you’re not sure what I’m talking about). I’m now curious about what other things I might have this disgust for. I will let you guys know. Has this happened to anyone else or am I a little slow on the pick-up?

Yesterday was the first day I was not on the truck. The work I did at the store was just as hard thought I had to move at least six couches around and tones of tables, cabinets and entertainment centers. Wow!! That was brutal. Chris and I had the hardest time with one couch. I never have had to move a couch that was that heavy in my entire life. It was ridiculous. It should be illegal to make couches that heavy. I never want to have to move that beast again. I also realized I’ve got a tan on my legs. I’m very excited. I was taking shower after I got back form the Family Store I took my socks off and thought my legs were really dirty but it’s a tan line either that or the dirt jus t won’t wash off. I’m almost back to my old Florida standards. That’s cool beans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah i've had a simlar experience where exciting but gory movies now repulse and disgust me...