7.21.2005

Fort Knox isn't really locked up that much

Fort Knox, an old fort filled with history legends stories and not much else. The Kids of Summer took a trip to Fort Knox yesterday. I felt a bit un prepared because I couldn’t find my sunglasses in the morning I thought maybe they were eaten by my hair, but they were actually in my room, under my pants I wore yesterday. Maybe that means I should wash my clothes. Anyway, wh y do people say something s locked up like Fort Knox? It isn't really locked up anymore. I enjoyed the time walking through the long dark corridors of Fort Knox. If you can’t guess what I got to do in the long dark hallways you don’t know me well. Both Tara and I scared the crap out of people as they went by. Tara had the idea first so I got to give the credit to her. I got to see all the old dungeons and the officers quarters (a.k.a. CO’s house, ha ha ha, whether you think I’m referring to the dungeons or the officers quarters is for you to decide). I stuck my head in every hole it would fit in...maybe not the best idea looking back, and I went in every door that would open and one that probably shouldn’t have. I got a chance to stand on top of an enormous cannon. There were supposed to be like eighty more cannons but they were all taken away for World War II stuff. There were only two left, but I was disappointed because I couldn’t stick my head in those. Just being in the Fort and imagining what it was like way back in the day. Having a post at this fort that seemed impenetrable. Fighting off everyone that tried to take it down. Firing cannons and guns. Throwing out every piece of ammunition you have and when the smoke clears the you and the Fort are still standing and the enemies are lying dead on the ground there ship is burning as it slowly sinks into the ocean (sounds like fun). Oh wait that’s already happening. Victory!! Hallelujah!! I wish they had a tour guide there who could give us some insight and stories about the Fort. I thought maybe it would be like the Tower of London having a story for almost every building and room. No crown jewels no suits of armor, no stories of historical significance that we heard. Just the Fort. There were some plaques around the area that gave a bit of information but you can only wrote so much on those things. They weren’t very exciting either. It was still fun. Just walking around in an old place like that can be made into something exciting. I still want to know what originally went in those holes that I stuck my head in…maybe not, but still they were there for a good reason other than just for people like me. Lunch was good too. We had a picnic with bologna and cheese sandwiches and chips. Not the most exotic lunch in the world but it was good. I watched Brandon eat his Subway Sub (he was smart he set out early)as I tried to be happy as I ate my bologna sandwich. I then saw a movie called Hangman’s Curse. It was an okay movie, the acting was terrible and I think they totally missed a huge opportunity to show how real and dangerous the power of the devil is and they messed it up. This movie was set up so that everyone thought that this group of kids were cursing people by calling on the spirit of this other kid who hung himself in the school. It turned out to be one of the nerds using spiders to attack all the kids that were being targeted by the witches. I was very disappointed. Why is it that Christian made movies have such bad actors?? I couldn’t believe how terrible the acting was. A gimp armadillo could do better than what some of these people did. That’s not what is important though. So if you want to see a bad example of a Christian movie trying to get a point across see that one.

2 comments:

Jerrica said...

hey i had alot of fun at the kids of summer thing too... yeah it wasn't that funny when u scard me half to death in that hallway... that movie was kinda weird and it should have used better acting skills i think... well we just have to see a movie that is better than hangman's curse...

Seeker of The Light said...

Another bad part was at the end where the kids who got saved were instantly changed into preppies!

Savation = Preppie. Hmmm.